If you are scared to add metallics to your home decor because you think they are outdated, you are missing out!
It’s easy and fun to add a bit of shine to your home decor with gold, silver, and brass. Today we are sharing 5 great ideas to help you get over that fear and add some much-needed shimmer!
1. Toni over at Design Dazzle helps start us off by adding some cute gold accents to her fireplace mantle for spring.
We love how she used these coral and turtle shell decorations, all with varying heights, to add gold to the focal point of her home.
2. Add a little touch of gold with a functional piece like our Pineapple Illumination Warmer. Pair it with our Pineapple Cilantro Wax Melts and you’re in heaven.
3. Adding a touch of gold paint trim around your furniture or painting an old decoration with metallic paint is a great way to add an accent of metallics. This old wood nightstand was updated with paint and they used gold paint around the edges of the drawer and a beautiful vintage drawer pull to add a pop of shine! The hardware was painted with the same metallic paint.
4. Using fabrics to add metallic like color to your room is a brilliant idea. This chair was recovered with a gold metallic fabric for an elegant touch.
5. Metal bookshelves used to be really popular in the 70’s. You can reclaim one and paint it with metallic paint for a beautiful pop of gold in your room. The traditional glass shelves in this bookshelf have been replaced by beautiful marble slabs.
Now you have 5 great ideas on how to add gold accents to your home the fun, cheap and easy way! Do you like to decorate with gold? Take a picture of your home decor that features gold and post it on Instagram. Tag @candlewarmers in your post and we might just use it in one of our mood boards!