Independence Day is coming up soon and there’s nothing more American than apple pie, right? Today we are sharing with you one of our favorite recipes for an easier way to make and eat apple pie- Hot Apple Pie Pockets. This recipe was inspired by our Hot Apple Pie Wax Melts that make your home smell just like mom’s baking. Our Hot Apple Pie Wax Melts contain notes of apple, lemon, cranberry, cinnamon, and vanillin.
Easy Hot Apple Pie Pockets Recipe
This recipe is easy to make with pre-made puff pastry sheets and you can even substitute our homemade apple filling with canned apple pie mix for an even easier recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 4 baking apples (we like Granny Smith apples if you want them tart or Fuji Apples for sweet)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- A pinch of salt
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Peel and dice apples.
- Stir water and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Combine the baking powder-water mixture, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together until combined and mixture has become thick and bubbly.
- Add apples and stir until they are fully coated and tender.
- Lay the pastry out and flatten with a rolling pin so that it is about ¼-inch (6cm) thick throughout.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).Slice pastry into 6 rectangles using a sharp knife or fancy rotary cutter.
- Spoon apple mixture onto top 6 rectangles. Dip your finger in water and line the outer rim of each rectangle. Fold over the pastry and press lightly to seal.
- If desired, use a fork and press the sides around each rectangle to seal the filling in.
- Whisk an egg and brush it over the top of each pie with a pastry brush, then place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Using a knife, make 3 or 4 slits in each pie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
We hope you enjoy these delicious Hot Apple Pie Pockets with your friends and family this Independence Day!
You can order our Hot Apple Pie Wax Melts and see all of our other scents at candlewarmers.com/wax