Hi! I’m Annette, the social media manager here at Candle Warmers, and in honor of National Sugar Cookie Day (July 9th) I am sharing with you my famous Bakery Style Sugar Cookie Recipe from my blog, Tips From a Typical Mom.
These sugar cookies will make your home smell like a bakery, but if you don’t have time, or don’t like to bake, you can make your home smell like you have by melting our Sugar Cookie Crunch Classic Wax Melts instead!
Let’s get baking!
Bakery Style Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
2 cups butter
2 ¼ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
7 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp almond or vanilla flavor
½ tsp salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, then milk. Scrape the sides of the bowl often.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients. The dough will be soft and sticky. It should still pull away from the sides of the bowl, if not add more flour a little at a time until it does.
4. Place dough on a well-floured workspace.
5. Gently roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
6. Cut into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 325 for 14 minutes or until just the edges barely start to change colors. Makes approx. 4 dozen. Let cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled
2 sticks of unsalted butter- softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk
about 2 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt (only if you use unsalted butter, do not add this pinch of salt if you are using salted butter)
food coloring (optional)
- Start out by beating the butter until smooth with a whisk attachment on your beater or stand mixer.
- With the mixer still going on medium, add the vanilla and milk and whisk until smooth and incorporated.
- Add a pinch of salt while the wet ingredients are mixing.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar a little at a time until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar until you have reached the desired consistency. For cookies, I like my frosting pretty thick. Two to two and a half cups usually works for me.
- Add food coloring if desired and mix well.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.