Full Job Description
Candle Warmers Etc. is seeking an innovative Design Manager to join our Marketing team.
The candidate is expected to provide innovative branding, packaging, and creative design solutions that accurately reflect the marketing strategies and corporate business goals of Candle Warmers Etc. and Airomé brands. The candidate is a creative team member responsible for establishing conceptual, stylistic, and strategic art direction for Candle Warmers Etc. and Airomé. This individual must articulate the design process and manage multiple projects in collaboration with other departments and external partners. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, he/she will demonstrate an ability to justify design solutions and strategies to the marketing and sales team and the company’s ownership. He/she may also be assigned special projects that fall outside the scope of their brand responsibilities.
The candidate must be a conceptual designer with a BFA or equivalent with a strong design portfolio. 3+ years of design and marketing experience, with two years of corporate and brand identity/packaging. The candidate must have strong presentation skills, excellent client/people skills, and be a great listener.
This position is perfect for a motivated designer who can manage design projects from start to finish.
- Create solutions and innovations that strengthen the Candle Warmers Etc. and Airomé brands that reinforce our brands as the market leader.
- Lead creative team comprising of photographers, manufacturing partners, and other vendors and suppliers.
- Conceive and create design solutions that fulfill strategic retail and wholesale business objectives.
- Proactively manage the success of art production timelines and schedules.
- Create fresh design concepts for advertising, product packaging, brand catalogs, and other corporate branding assets, including sales materials, store displays, trade show booths, email marketing, website templates, etc.
- Interface with industrial design and sales to strengthen and evolve Candle Warmers Etc. and Airomé brands.
- Conceptualize plans and direct photoshoots, including pre and post-production. Including but not limited to, partnering with photographers, videographers, locations, and talent.
- Conceptualize plans and direct video shoots, including storyboarding, script creation, art direction, voice-over, and approval.
- Design and lead website design, graphics, images, photography, and videography.
- Create, design, and organize Bi-Annual Catalogs.
- Deep knowledge of advertising, data-driven content campaigns, performance marketing, digital tactics, graphic design, information design, interaction design, and typography.
- Own, concept, create, design, and drive design processes; curate and produce compelling original assets in collaboration with sales, product development, and digital marketing managers.
- Expert in Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Business Apps, and supporting software.
- Ability to think creatively against tight and demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Understanding of print and production methods.
- Understanding of retail and wholesale markets and sales processes.
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management. Product photography & photo editing.
- Excellent sense of color and typography.
- Ability to visualize or mock-up packaging design concepts in 3 dimensions, physical prototypes or 3D renderings. (Some 3D software knowledge or familiarity is a plus).
- Understanding of the 4-color printing process and the Pantone color system.
- Able to take concepts from brief to final artwork with a clear understanding of packaging design and print expectations, including bleeds, die lines, PMS and process colors, retouching, formats, resolution, and usage.
- Must demonstrate excellent graphic design and conceptual skills and have a solid understanding of design, ad layouts, packaging die lines, and type usage.
- Strong sketching and drawing abilities.
- Strong writing skills.
- Interactive design experience is also a plus: HTML Web site design, Flash, Director, and motion graphics.
- A wide degree of creativity, open-mindedness, and originality is required.
- Candidate must be able to work in the office Monday thru Friday. Hours of operation 8:00am to 5:00pm. **This is not a remote position.
Candle Warmers Etc. is a great company to work for. Check us out at www.CandleWarmers.com for more information. Candle Warmers is an equal opportunity employer.
Serious inquires only.
Full-time Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance Life insurance
- Paid time off Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift COVID-19 considerations: Masks are required in office if social distancing cannot be maintained.
Experience: Design and marketing: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Company's website: www.candlewarmers.com Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No