“You can either follow the Candle Warners Etc. recipe for Lemon Pound Cake by warming Lemon Sugar and Frosted Cake wax melts together, or you can bake an actual lemon pound cake. "
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
Zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. Butter and flour two 4 1/2-by-8-inch (6-cup) loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk with lemon zest and juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three parts alternately with the buttermilk in two, beginning and ending with flour; beat just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Divide batter evenly between pans; smooth tops. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 50 to 60 miunutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Cool 15 minutes in pan. Turn out cakes onto a rack; cool completely before glazing.
- Set rack with cakes over a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Pour glaze over cakes, letting it run down the sides; le dry, about 30 minutes.